The Only Beauty Essentials You Need For Your Weekend Getaway
by Lauren Thompson
Heading out of the city for the weekend? Whether you’re on your way to the beach or headed to the country, there are some beauty essentials a girl should never be without. From dry shampoo to light weight moisturizers, we’ve got every beauty essential you need to have the perfect little getaway.
Romantic Countryside Getaway
- SPF 30 Sunscreen, $42: It’s always necessary to pack some sunscreen. This one’s a great lightweight choice that optimizes your skin’s health
- Sunglasses, $405: Always protect your eyes with some chic shades. We’re currently loving these gold-framed sunnies.
- Shower Cap: When you’re away for the weekend, it’s always nice to stretch your blow-dry for a day or two. A cute shower cap will allow you to get clean without messing up your ‘do.
- Oribe Dry Texture Spray, $22: This is the best dry shampoo. Every girl needs a bottle of this in her purse. It instantly refreshes your blow-dry by absorbing any oil, giving the hair instant lift (and it smells amazing)!
- Davines Love Shampoo/Conditioner Travel Set, $24: This st really makes your hair feel nice and smooth. It smells fresh and the name is very appropriate for a romantic weekend away. Wink, wink.
- Bare Minerals Ready-to-Go Complexion Perfection Palette, $49: This travel-sized compact palette has a powder foundation, bronzer and blush all-in-one!
- MAC Lipstick in Please Me, $16: We are firm believers that a pretty lipstick always comes in handy — especially on a romantic weekend.
Relaxing Beach Escape
- Floppy Hat, $235: Wearing a cute floppy hat at the beach is a must. It’s the best way to protect your skin and scalp, plus it helps keep your hair color from fading.
- Blue Celine Sunglasses, $257: We’re crushing on these blue Celine Sunglasses. And Reese Witherspoon rocks ’em, so there’s that.
- Sachajuan Ocean Mist, $28: This is a great (smelling!) salt spray when you’re looking for an au natural beachy texture.
- Kerastase Soleil Aqua Seal, $42: It’s crucial to use e a product like Kerastase Soleil Aqua Seal to protect from harmful UV rays and chlorine… especially in the summer.
- Peter Thomas Roth Max Daily Defense Moisture Cream SPF 30, $42: Another fantastic, high-quality sunscreen for full sun exposure.
- Supergoop! Broad Spectrum SPF 50, $19: You can buy a 2 oz version of this super strong sunscreen and just throw it in your beach tote.
- Neutrogena Revitalizing Lip Balm with SPF 20, $9: Keep your lips hydrated and safe with this beautiful balm.
- Evian Mineral Water Mister, $12: A cool, refreshing mist always comes in handy on summer days, and on a hot beach, it’ll be your saving grace.
- Essie Nail Polish in Find Me An Oasis, $9: Don’t head off to the beach without a fresh mani-pedi. This adorable nail hue is the perfect summer blue. Check out our nail polish guide for more of our fave picks.
Care-Free Camping Trip
- Avon Bug Repellant, $14: This is one of our favorite bug sprays because it protects your skin in more ways than one. It’s got SPF 30 to protect from the sun and it keeps those pesky mosquitos away. Plus, it doesn’t smell half bad!
- Physicians Formula Super BB All-in-1 Beauty Balm, $15: This amazing BB cream is great for light coverage and SPF while away in the woods.
- Philosophy One Step Facial Cleansing Cloths, $15: When you don’t have running water, it’s always smart to pack a facial cleanser that doesn’t require H2O. A fresh face always makes you feel clean.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo, $8: …because you should never have to worry about doing your hair out in the wilderness.
- eos Lip Balm, $4: Just because it’s warm out doesn’t mean you’re safe from chapped lips. Always protect your pout with a good lip balm (and drink lots of water, of course).
- Multitude Hair Ties, $12: Camping trips call for braids or updos. Either way, having some cute hair ties on hand will do you some good.
- Meow Meow Tweet Relief Balm ($18): In case you get bit by a bug or get a scraped knee on a hike, this all-natural balm will soothe your mishap.
- Travel Hair Set, $2: This adorable (and affordable) set is perfect for all your travels. It’s cute, compact and seriously handy — especially when you’re in the middle-of-nowhere.